[th_gallery ids=’1636′ link=’file’]
In a world that has become increasingly relient on pills and and surgeries to solve our medical problems, Chiropracticors have sought to heal without the need for pharacutical dependence. Most people come to us for back and neck pain– but we can do so much more than that! Here are the top five conditions that most of our patients are surprised we treat:
- Most tension headaches and migraines actually originate from muscle tension in the neck brought on by poor posture. Chiropractors can help realign the spine and offer specific posture exercises to help prevent the onset of migranes in the future.
- Anxiety and Stress
- Muscle tension, one of the most common side-effects of chronic stress, creates nerve irritation and irregulare pressure over bodily structures. This leads the spinal column to become misaligned. Chiropractic manipulation corrects this by promoting a balanced, relaxed state throught the body. Chiropractic adjustments can also help signal the brain to turn off the sympathetic nervous response and begin the healing process by reducing spinal nerve irritation and improving blood circulation.
- Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder involving widespread pain and sensitivity throughout the entire musculoskeletal system; a patient with Fibromyalgia is typically tender in 11 out of 18 specific tender points on the body.
- Chiropractic care can treat pressure points, back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, headaches and pain from musculoskeletal injuries and restore nervous system function.
- Weak immune systems
- The stress relief associate with chiropractic care reduces the stress hormone cortisol. Long term exposure of cortisol can severly weaken the immune system as it inhibits the production of immune cells. Over time Chiropractic manipulation has been shown to improve the integrated responses of the nervous and immune systems.
- Working with a chiropractor can improve your over all range of motion over time. Combined with the streatches and exercises that your chiropractor suggests, you will be sure to see your flexibility restored!