What is CoQ10?
Coenzyme Q-10 is naturally found in all living organisms, it is essential for making ATP.
High concentrations of CoQ10 are present in the liver, kidney, pancreas, and heart– though seafood, poultry, and meat are also prominent dietary sources of CoQ10.
Dietary sources can give us around 3mg of CoQ10, though the daily recommended dosage for CoQ10 ranges from 50mg-150mg depending on physiological need.
CoQ10 naturally decreases as people age, but very low levels of CoQ10 may be concerning, as low levels have been associated with a host of genetic diseases.
What does CoQ10 normally do?
- Producing ATP: ATP acts as an energy storage for the body
- Antioxidants: CoQ10 neutralizes free radicals in the body which can cause cellular damage if left unchecked.
- Free readicals alter nucleotide bonds in DNA and lead to cellular death or mutation.
- Cellular mutations are associated with several sever conditions such as cancer, heart disease, and autoimmune disorders.
What some of the applications of supplemental CoQ10?
- Treating Fatigue disorders: CoQ10 helps store more energy in the form of ATP, so more energy is available to burn.
- Improving exercise performance: More energy storage reduces muscle fatigue.
- Strengthening Immune System: Increasing energy reserves improves the capability of our immune system as the immune system requires a considerable amount of energy to maintain function.
- Compensating for Statin treatment: Statins have had widespread use for reducing cholesterol production, but an unintended side effect of statin drugs is that the simultaneously reduce CoQ10 production. Taking supplemental CoQ10 is a must if you are taking and statin medication.
- Reducing Muscle pain
- Treating Migraines
- Treating Heart conditions
- Reducing Angina (Chest Pain)
- Reducing Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Treating Lyme Disease
- Treating Parkinson’s Disease
- Treating Huntington’s Disease
- Treating Diabetes
- Treating Gum Disease
- Treating Breast Cancer
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY
Santa Clara Custom Chiropractic
3700 Thomas Rd. Suite 207
Santa Clara, CA 95054