Chiropractic care has become an essential method in maintaining musculoskeletal health, and more companies agree. Doctors of chiropractic not only offer hands on treatment and modalities such as heat therapy and soft tissue work, they offer nutritional and health counseling. Chiropractors also see their patients on a regular basis so they are often better suited to monitor symptoms and encourage healthier life styles. Thus chiropractic patients often spend less overall on healthcare and are less likely to take sick leave from work.
Value of Chiropractic for Corporations:
- Less utilization of expensive radiology services
- Less utilization of expensive outpatient and emergency services
- Employees suffer substantially less from musculoskeletal issues
- Lower overall cost of healthcare
The National Institute of Health Statistics did a survey about the most common musculoskeletal issues employees suffer from.
- 27% reported lower back pain
- 15% reported severe headache or migraine pain
- 15% reported neck pain
- 4% reported facial ache
The American Productivity Audit calculated the overall lost productive time due to the issues listed above and found that an estimated $61.2 billion was lost– 76.6 percent of which was due to decreased performance attributed to reduce work performance due to chronic pain issues.
Archives of Internal Medicine highlighted the staggering costs of lower back pain treatment. Just in the United States well over that the direct $50 billion a year is spent on lower back pain treatment. Moreover, the economic burden of lower back pain is not limited to medical costs.
Lower back pain was the second most common condition leading to loss of work. Research published in the Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine showed higher rehabilitation rates among on-site corporate health clinics compared to off-site physical therapy. Researchers pointed to the lower cost and ease of accessibility to reasons why on-site chiropractic showed more benefits.
Why choose Chiropractic?
- Countless studies have proven chiropractic treatment is a more cost effective way of treating musculoskeletal issues.
- Research has shown greater rehabilitation rates in chiropractic patients.
- Chiropractic treatment is a non-invasive way to treat musculoskeletal issues.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY
Santa Clara Custom Chiropractic
3700 Thomas Rd. Suite 207
Santa Clara, CA 95054