In this ghostly time of year your health may take a step back with all of the tempting sweets available
- Filling up on a healthy meal before going out will help you fight the urge to munch on sweets!
- Be active and walk around and enjoy the fun costumes and house decorations in your neighborhood!
- If you’re staying at home, be overly generous! No one can resist left over candy, so giving the kids a little extra is never a bad thing!
- Donate excess candy to a homeless shelter, children’s hospital, or care package program for troops overseas.
- Look for buy-back programs! Many dentists and stores will buy back your candy or trade it in for something else.
- Watch what you drink! that spooky punch may be tasty– but the added sugar might make the punch a lot scarier than you think it is.
- If you’re hosting a party be creative! Offer party snacks that are just as healthy as they are spooky!
- Here are more healthy Halloween tips!
Here are some of our favorite healthy Halloween party snacks spooky enough to couter-act all of that Halloween candy:
Deviled eggs are a staple at most parties, but this healthy recipe seems just right for Halloween!